Friday, September 7, 2012

Zumba

Four sessions down the line, a few sprained legs and twisted lower back pain later, I have started appreciating Zumba. 

Those who know me well, know one thing really well - I am not an "exercise" person. I was always a reluctant player in sports, I was never an enthusiast about going to the gym and no so fond of any outdoor activity which makes one strain themselves physically. Oh no, don't think I am one of the geeks, I am not, I am just plain and simple lazy about doing any form of exercise. Well, till the time I did my first Zumba class.

Man, ain't that fun? Pardon the americanized speech, but to tell you the truth, Zumba is fun. My company has organized the sessions for us, in the office campus, between the work time (now you know why I love my company!). The trainers or young boys who resemble and move like modern day Prabhu Deva, teach a bunch of corporate how to move your body in Zumba style.

I love the way this kind of song-dance routine is considered as exercise. I love that we dance on songs that we know so that we can sing along and not actually feel that we are exercising. Needless to say, that is felt after the Zumba class :). I love the way we are looking at each other, laughing at each other's attempts at bending, stretching and zunba-ing in general. Apart from the obvious benefits of moving our body, we are having fun and making friends. 

I look forward to my Zumba class every week now :)